Thread: The Sly Collection

PSN ID :
    teran36

The Sly Collection

I picked this up wanting to support more games getting the HD, rerelease treatment.
    Plus 3 games(4 if you have move) for $39.99 sounds good to me.
    Having never played the series before, I was quite surprised at how good of a time I have playing these games.
    Some of the missions can be quite frustrating, but not in a bad way.
    Plus, it has three Platinum trophies that sofar are quite easy to get.
    I just wanted to post about this game and see what other people think and if anybody else is playing.
    To me it's 40bucks well spent.

I'm in the same boat, having missed these games the first time around, and will be picking up this collection very soon. From what I've heard so far, it's a great collection. I definitely want to see more classic titles get the HD treatment.

PSN ID :
    MrBricolage
    I go back and forth on these HD collections for the PS3.
    The God of War collection and the Sly collection are both cool sets. The addition of trophies to games that are certainly time proven "good" games makes it more desireable than the PS2 versions. Also playing with a dualshock 3 instead of the wired dualshock 2 is nice and the list just starts there. I havent played any of these titles so I am watching them all, but I have a hang up.
    The issue I have with it is that I want to see PS2 backward compatability on the PS3. It was part of why I bought into the PS3. Now, they are selling me this instead. I dont like that they killed the PS2 emulation opption and then offered this instead. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    I would like to see both really.
    In my perfect world I would have every flavor of opption available, from downloadable PS2 titles on the PSN (like the PS classics now), to the disc based collections, to the support from Sony to play the games I already paid for and own. I would use all of these opptions if I could.
    I geuss its good games and forward progress all around. I just feel a little sour about it, because I am cranky.
    I will pick up these collections gladly, but I will buy them used out of spite.
    Last edited by Jason.WCG_Podcast; 12-14-2010 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason.WCG_Podcast View Post
    I go back and forth on these HD collections for the PS3.
    The God of War collection and the Sly collection are both cool sets. The addition of trophies to games that are certainly time proven "good" games makes it more desireable than the PS2 versions. Also playing with a dualshock 3 instead of the wired dualshock 2 is nice and the list just starts there. I havent played any of these titles so I am watching them all, but I have a hang up.
    The issue I have with it is that I want to see PS2 backward compatability on the PS3. It was part of why I bought into the PS3. Now, they are selling me this instead. I dont like that they killed the PS2 emulation opption and then offered this instead. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    I would like to see both really.
    In my perfect world I would have every flavor of opption available, from downloadable PS2 titles on the PSN (like the PS classics now), to the disc based collections, to the support from Sony to play the games I already paid for and own. I would use all of these opptions if I could.
    I geuss its good games and forward progress all around. I just feel a little sour about it, because I am cranky.
    I will pick up these collections gladly, but I will buy them used out of spite.

I would have to disagree and say I appreciate Sony making a bold move in continuing to support their last gen hardware, unlike how Microsoft doesn't even acknowledge the original Xbox's existence anymore. I was a little sad when I lost BC after upgrading to a PS3 slim, but anytime I want to play a PS2 game, I simply fire up the old PS2 console.